June 4th, 2015
Runny nose, sneezing, and itchy eyes, sound familiar? Your child may be suffering from seasonal allergies. This time of the year pollen levels are high and if your child is allergic to pollen their body will start to react.
Symptoms of an Allergy
Think your child has allergies? These are the most common symptoms experienced in children:
- Clear, runny nose
- Itchy eyes, nose and throat
- Nasal congestion
Common Causes of Allergies
Many common allergens travel through the air causing your child’s allergies, see the list below:
- Dust Mites
How to control Symptoms of Allergies
- Use air conditioning- this reduces exposure to allergens in your home and car
- Avoid Mold- in spring and summer children should stay away from decaying vegetation where mold grows
- Clean furniture, rugs, and bedding in hot water- this is where dust mites are most commonly found, you can also buy allergen proof covers for beds and furniture
- Replace Pillows- this should be done every 2-3 years
Work With Dr. Kostecke to Resolve Allergies
Has your child recently developed allergies? Schedule an appointment to get them checked out!
Dr. Kostecke will work with you and your child to develop the best allergy prevention and treatment plan!
Want to learn more? Check out this site:
Remember, we are always here to help!
Healthy kids = Happy Kids!