Preventive Actions to Fight Germs and the Flu
November 2nd, 2015
As flu season starts we want to share with you important information on how you can fight germs and stay healthy this winter. Check out our tips below:
Three Steps for Fighting the Flu
- Get the flu vaccine EVERY YEAR!
- Schedule an appointment immediately if you think your child has the flu, early treatment is important!
- Preventive actions may help you avoid the flu all together!
Fast Facts on the Flu
- The flu virus spread through droplets when people cough, sneeze or talk
- These germs may be picked up from objects and then spread by touching eyes, mouth or nose
- Infection from others with the flu can start 1 day before symptoms start and 5-7 days after being sick
Preventive Actions to Stay Healthy
- Encourage your children to wash their hands frequently with soap and warm water
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick
- Teach your child to cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Get your children in the habit of avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that other who are sick may have touched
We hope by following this advice everyone has a healthy winter! If you child does get sick call us immediately and we will get your child in the same day!
Also, don’t forget to get your child’s flu shots, call for an appointment today!
Want to learn more about the flu? Check out the CDC’s website:
Remember, we are always here to help!
Healthy Kids = Happy Kids!